RMPR does not accept relinquished animals from the public. If you’re looking to re-home an animal you own, please remember that shelters have kill policies. This simply means if you relinquish your animal to them, they will decide whether the animal is adoptable. Many older animals & animals that are NOT social will lose their lives in a shelter setting. Less than 40% of all animals dropped the shelter will find another home. If you are serious about re-homing your animal we suggest looking into the following:
1. Allbreedrescuenetwork.com Look for a listing that best fits the breed you are trying to re-home. Many rescues will list your dog but ask you to foster it until they can find it a suitable home.
2. Rescueme.org and list your dog for free.
ROCKY MOUNTAIN PUPPY RESCUE ADOPTED PUPPY RETURN POLICY
If you have adopted an animal from RMPR, we will take our animals back but we will need to have you email us directly to explain your situation. Please contact us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a foster based rescue – RMPR may not be in a position to accept returned adoptions immediately. We cannot accept your return animal without additional information from you and the opportunity to assess your dog’s behavior. If we do not have a suitable foster home to place your dog – we can advise other resources for you. All returns happen on SATURDAYS with a pre-arranged appointment. We will not accept any animal without prior arrangement.
In order to return you must do the following:
1. Take your dog or puppy to the vet the week prior to return.
2. Your animal must be up to date on vaccines prior to return.
3. You must provide us with your original Rocky Mountain Puppy Rescue paperwork.
4. If returned within the first week, RMPR will provide a tax deductible contribution form.
Any animal returned after one week will forfeit the adoption fee to RMPR’s medical fund.